Finding a good plumber is as simple as looking in the phone book or using an online service. Thoroughly check out any plumber you consider working with and be sure to read customer reviews for those who have work done by the technicians you’ve considered. Before hiring, see if the technician has liability insurance, licensing, and bonding to protect your house in case there are any mishaps.
Most home plumbing emergencies aren’t difficult to deal with, but when they happen in the middle of the night on a holiday weekend it can be an absolute nightmare. The next time you experience anything out of the ordinary with your water or sewer lines head straight for DoMyOwnPestControl where you’ll find the best prices and selection on all home plumbing supplies.
The best way to deal with a plumbing emergency is to prevent it from happening in the first place.
Check The Reviews From Their Past Customer
When looking for a plumber, be sure to reach out to past customers and ask about their work. This should be an independent source as the company itself may not have honest reviews or could try to fake them by planting fake comments on their website. Ask friends and family members who they trust as well.
What to look for:
– How long has the plumber been open? A company that is established and reliable will be around for a while and probably already have a lot of loyal customers. They should also be able to provide proof of insurance, licensing, and bonding on demand.
– Do they offer free estimates? This will save you both time and money since the plumber won’t quote you for unnecessary work.
– How long does it take for them to respond? Sometimes emergencies happen in the middle of the night on a holiday weekend, so they need to be available when you most need them.
– Do they have an official website? No reputable plumber will turn down the opportunity for good publicity. They should be willing to provide plenty of information about themselves online, including reviews and testimonials.
– Do they do their own plumbing work or do they subcontract it out? This is important because you want someone who can stand by their work and provide warranties. A company that does everything in-house will be able to provide better customer service all around.
– Are they open on weekends? If you have a plumbing emergency on a Saturday or Sunday morning, will someone be available to help you?
Check The Warranties That The Expert Plumber Has to Offer
Any reputable tech will offer some sort of warranty on their work. This is an important part of the process that ensures you can get help if something goes wrong or ceases to function properly in the future.
– A one-year warranty on parts and labor is usually pretty standard, but check what is covered by each component. If there are any time restrictions you’ll want to know about them upfront.
– Most warranties only cover the costs of labor and replacement parts, not other damages that may arise from a faulty installation or poor workmanship.
– Some plumbers offer longer terms on their warranties, but it’s important to get a clear explanation of what is covered before making any promises.